Update following iOS13 release for iPhone users:
On September 19th, 2019, Apple released iOS13, which significantly changed how "Background App Refresh" works. "Background App Refresh" is a feature that Apple introduced in order to manage how apps refreshed content automatically (without user prompt).
Previously, the DroneMobile App utilized "Background App Refresh" to update the run timer of a driver's remote starter. If the remote starter had a customized run time, the DroneMobile App would update in the background and show the correct time on the Control Screen. Otherwise, it would show the default time of 15 minutes.
However, the DroneMobile Team has found that "Background App Refresh" is no longer reliable for updating content in the background. Thus, many users have reported that their customized runtime is not displaying consistently on the screen. And if "Background App Refresh" is turned off, then runtime will always be incorrect.
Our first advice to customers is to check that "Background App Refresh" is on, to at least provide some level of consistency. However, the DroneMobile Team is exploring alternative ways to update run timers so that they are consistent 100% of the time. Until then, we appreciate your patience as this feature may not work as expected.
What is remote start run time?
Remote start run time refers to the length of time your remote starter will run your engine until it automatically turns off. The default time is 15 minutes, and can be adjusted ONLY at the time of installation (or by revisiting your DroneMobile installer).
My remote start run time is set to XX minutes. The DroneMobile app keeps on showing 15 minutes. How do I correct the run timer when I remote start?
Follow the following steps to correct your run time. Note - please make sure that your vehicle is parked in a location where you can safely remote start the vehicle.
- Open the DroneMobile app. Press the "Setup" link in the footer navigation bar (wrench icon).
- Press "Drone Settings".
- Don't change any settings. Simply press the "SAVE" link in the top right corner. Wait 5-10 seconds for your settings to save.
- Press the "Controls" link in the footer navigation bar (green circle button).
- Remote start your vehicle by holding the "Start/Stop" button for 3 seconds.
- The app will default to a 15 minute run timer. Do NOT close the DroneMobile app. Keep the DroneMobile app open until you receive a "Remote Start Success: Runtime XX Minutes" push notification.
- This push notification will update run time displayed in your DroneMobile app permanently, meaning that it will remember this run time for future remote starts.
Note: the DroneMobile app will only remember your system's run time as long as you are logged into the DroneMobile app. If you log out or delete the DroneMobile app, your run time will revert to 15 minutes and you will have to repeat steps 4-7.