If your vehicle's battery is old or if you haven't driven for a long time, DroneMobile's low battery alerts are a great tool for knowing the state of your vehicle's battery. When your vehicle's battery voltage drops below 11.7v, the DroneMobile app will alert you with a push notification so that you can recharge or replace your battery.
In addition to low battery alerts, the new DroneMobile 4.0 app features a Home screen widget that displays your vehicle's battery voltage.
How to Turn on Low Battery Alerts
- Open the DroneMobile app and press "Setup" link in the footer navigation bar (wrench icon).
- Press "Drone Settings".
- Turn the "Battery Monitoring" feature ON. Press "SAVE".
- Go back to the "Setup" page and press "Alerts."
- Turn the "Low Battery Alerts" feature ON. Press "SAVE".
I am not receiving low battery alert push notifications.
First, confirm that you are receiving any push notifications from the DroneMobile app.
- Go to your phone's settings, and scroll to "Notifications".
- Select DroneMobile.
- Make sure "Allow Notifications" is turned ON.
If you are still not receiving low battery alerts, it may be due to one of the following:
- Your remote starter/alarm control module does not have low battery alerts turned ON. - If your DroneMobile system is connected to a remote starter or alarm, the app is relying on that system to report low battery voltage accurately. This feature must be turned ON by your DroneMobile installer.
- Your remote starter/alarm does NOT support low battery alerts. - As mentioned before, DroneMobile relies on the remote start/alarm system in your vehicle to trigger low-battery warnings. While most DroneMobile systems support low battery alerts, select remote start/alarm control modules do not support this feature at all. So, while you will be able to see your battery voltage in the Home screen widget, you will NOT receive a push notification for low battery.
- CM-7000, CM-7200, CM-7300 do support low battery alerts. This feature must be turned ON.
- CM-6000, CM-6200, CM-6300 do support low battery alerts. This feature must be turned ON.
- CM900-S and CM900-AS do support low battery alerts. This feature must be turned ON.
- CM800-S does NOT support low battery alerts.
- CM-DC3 does NOT support low battery alerts.
- CM-DC2 does NOT support low battery alerts.
- AL-CA does NOT support low battery alerts.
In the future, the DroneMobile team plans on moving away from reliance on the remote start/alarm systems for low battery warnings so that all customers can enjoy this feature. If you are not sure if your system supports low battery warnings, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.