Valet mode is a setting in Compustar systems that will shut down the alarm system and the remote starter. It will only allow the remotes to retain key-less entry to be used to lock and unlock the doors.
How to tell if my system is in valet mode:
- When attempting to remote start you will receive 3 vehicle parking light flashes followed by 10 parking light flashes.
- When attempting to remote start the vehicle using the DroneMobile app, you will receive an error message saying that the vehicle is in Valet mode.
- If you have a remote with an LCD screen there will be Z’s visible on the screen, making it look as though the vehicle is in sleep mode.
- When attempting to lock and unlock your vehicle with your remote, under normal circumstances the parking lights will flash once for lock and twice for unlock. However, if the parking lights DO NOT flash the vehicle is in valet mode (unless the installer did not hook up the parking lights upon installation).
To exit Valet Mode:
- If you have an accompanying Compustar remote, please use the following link to exit Valet mode: https://support.compustar.com/hc/en-us/articles/202174320
- If you do not have a Compustar remote, please do the following:
- Start the vehicle
- Press and release the foot brake pedal 10 times within 10 seconds.
- This procedure will only deactivate Valet Mode, it will not activate Valet Mode. The vehicles parking lights should flash twice to indicate the system has exited valet mode.